Update

Hi there tout la gang,

We don't have much to say about research in practice at the Café right now

but we are talking policy and practice over here now: Literacy Enquirers.

Friday, September 7, 2007

literacy day

Sorry to be away for so long. I missed you all. Click here to see where I was.

I am back now. Getting ready to celebrate Literacy Day tomorrow in great style at St. Christopher House Adult Literacy Program.

My cousin sent me this image. The whole set of photos is here. I am not sure if it is okay to use this photo here but I decided to live dangerously because it makes me think about a lot of stuff and I hope it will do the same for you. Have a great weekend and a beautiful ILD.

"First Writing" Enlightenment Ceremony Held For Children In Nanjing, China:
A teacher paints a vermilion dot on the forehead of a student during the 'First Writing' enlightenment ceremony held for grade one students of a primary school at the Confucius Temple on September 3, 2007 in Nanjing of Jiangsu Province, China. The ceremony symbolizing the start of literacy, involves painting vermilion, reciting Chinese classicals and tolling bells, in a bid to promote traditional culture.
(Photo by China Photos/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment