Update

Hi there tout la gang,

We don't have much to say about research in practice at the Café right now

but we are talking policy and practice over here now: Literacy Enquirers.

Friday, June 13, 2008

notes from england

Hi there,
I have had a lovely week of visiting and sightseeing. I am posting some holiday pics over at story juice if you want to spy on my vacation. I have been thinking about literacy and education quite a bit as I roam around. A young relative of mine is qualifying to be a teacher and will start his new job in the fall so he is becoming well immersed in the Skills for Life terminology and approaches described by James Simpson in Skills for Life in England, Wales and Northern Ireland or, Be Careful What You Wish For. The good news is that he had also just watched the Sir Ken Robinson TED Talk Do schools kill creativity? -- a big favourite here at the cafe.
Cheers, from Maidstone, Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment