Update

Hi there tout la gang,

We don't have much to say about research in practice at the Café right now

but we are talking policy and practice over here now: Literacy Enquirers.

Monday, January 5, 2009

the details

Hello tout la gang!

Hope you all had a nice rest and are looking forward to good work in 2009.

I have been reading some year-end wrap ups; the highlights and lowlights of 2008. And then I read this blog post by John Dickerson about his 5 end-of-the-day questions:

Who did you help today?
What silly thing did you do today?
Who did you make smile today?
What did you learn today?
What did you create today?
For quite a while now my end-of-the-day questions have been:
What was the best part?
What surprised you most?

Since Novemberish, there has been a website where you can record your answers to those questions. Over at everybody enjoys things, you can start an account, add a bookmarklet to your browser toolbar and use it to add things to your page of pleasure. You can befriend people and see what they enjoy. You can check out random pleasures or the home page for other enjoyments.

For some of us this is going to be a rough year. My horoscope says: "an uncomfortable year that will have some rewards. Eventually." Okay then.

I am hoping that everybody enjoys things will help me to remember my own principles of pleasure and not get overwhelmed by predictions of discomfort.

My page of enjoyable stuff is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment