Update

Hi there tout la gang,

We don't have much to say about research in practice at the Café right now

but we are talking policy and practice over here now: Literacy Enquirers.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

asparagus redux

So here is the Mother's Day asparagus dish.

And here is a study about how important mothers are. I really like the Freakonomics blog. It is a treasure trove of odd but oddly relevant information.

Another blog I've wanted to tell you about is Julia's 3 for 365 blog. It is as refreshing as iced lemonade on a warm spring day and as cozy as sweet, milky tea on a frosty winter afternoon.

"Last year, I read about a study that measured the positive effects of writing down three good things everyday. It crossed my mind again on New Year’s Eve. Then and there, I decided I’d blog mine."

The May 14 entry is especially relevant to literacy workers and those who like playing with language.

I read Julia's blog for a while and then started my own 3 for 365. I decided to do an illustrated powerpoint slide each day rather than blog. I have never been a very good diarist but this method makes me reflect in a focussed - and brief - way each day and I find that a useful practice. Reflective practice!

2 comments:

TellingTales said...

This was an excellent asparagus dish. I feel fortunate I was able to partake of it.

literacies publisher said...

Thanks you. I am glad that you enjoyed it and I am especially glad you were able to be here.

Post a Comment